Problemes chez un luthier

Toutes vos questions sur la lutherie, les réglages etc.
Wathaet
Nouveau Membre
Nouveau Membre

Re: Problemes chez un luthier

Message par Wathaet »

Please excuse me for writing in English.

I have extremely good relations with Charton, so much that I have driven to both St.Etienne and Paris from Stockholm to have work done on my bass. That is over 22 hours of driving each way. Nobody else touches my €130 000 bass.

Always ask before what the price is. If not, you cannot argue unless he is charging more than list price for his strings.
He is a professional, so just like the car mechanic, a lawyer or a professional musician, if you ask him do do something then expect him to charge you money.

You are extremely lucky to have such a great luthier near you. I suggest you call him and apologize, buy him lunch and become friends again.

Because Thomann is so big and very hard negotiators, they can sell products with good profit at prices that are lower than someone like Charton even pays the distributor.

Never forget the extreme value of keeping first class luthiers like Patrick in business. This can only happen if we respect that their time and advice is that of a professional and has great value.
II V I
Nouveau Membre
Nouveau Membre

Re: Problemes chez un luthier

Message par II V I »

Wathaet a écrit : 09 nov. 2018, 14:51 Please excuse me for writing in English.

I have extremely good relations with Charton, so much that I have driven to both St.Etienne and Paris from Stockholm to have work done on my bass. That is over 22 hours of driving each way. Nobody else touches my €130 000 bass.
A 130 000 € doublebass !!!

I guess you live in ? :mrgreen:
Répondre